Data controller and legislative framework
We at Iron Sky Universe Oy (“ISU”) are committed to protecting your privacy as the controller of your personal data.
ISU is a limited liability company incorporated under the laws of Finland. Our business identification code is 2584146-3 and our registered address is c/o 2 krs, Työpajankatu 2b E, 00580 Helsinki. As a Finnish company we operate under and comply with the data protection regulation applicable in the EU and in Finland, including but not limited to General Data Protection Regulation of the European Union (“GDPR”) 2016/679/EU).
Why do we process your personal data?
We need to process your personal data in order to
- to manage your customer relation to ISU
- to manage your ironsky.net user profile
- process purchases you make in our online ticket store
- make it possible to you to invest in our projects
- offer you the opportunity to take part in our crowdfunding project
- process the ideas and comments you provide to us within our crowdsourcing project
- the blog we publish on our website and in order to show the comments made to the blog entries
- provide you information on our activities and services
- provide you with marketing information related to our services or the services of our commercial partners (requires your separate consent)
We may share your information with our partners in connection to the crowdfunding and investment projects offered on our website through our commercial partners’ external links. You may be required to agree to separate privacy policies and terms and conditions when using the services provided by our commercial partners. For more information on the information we share, see “Who do we share your data with?” below.
What personal data do we process?
In case you subscribe as a user to ironsky.net or make purchase on our website or through our partners’ websites linked to our website we may collect the following personal data from you:
- ironsky.net username
- email address
- street address
- date of birth
- credit card information, including the card type, card number, date of expiration
- information provided by you when using our service online, e.g. comments to our blog posts
- electronically transmitted messages related to your customer relation
- technical details related to your navigation on our website including your IP-address
We will store your personal data only as long as it is necessary for the purposes listed above. We take due care in processing your credit card information, which is processed and stored only by the processors of payment services.
With whom do we share your data?
You may control the visibility of your user information to others in the settings of your user profile. Please note that all information you share through your comments to our website or any content you share on our website is visible to an unrestricted public audience.
If you have given your consent to provide you with marketing information relating to the services, or any other service or product including any third party service or product, ISU may share your personal data with ISU’s designated third parties to enable such third parties to provide marketing information regarding their products and services.
On its website ISU may also provide links to the online services provided by its commercial partners. When using the services of such third party service providers, it may be required from you to enter into a contractual relationship with these partners separately, for example in order to create a user account in their service. These service providers may process your personal data subject to the terms and conditions and privacy policies of such services as independent controllers.
Where is your data stored?
Your personal data may be transferred and stored on servers located in various countries within and outside the European Union (EU) and the European Economic Area (EEA). Your personal data may also be processed by our staff or subcontractors located in countries outside the EU/EEA. When transferring your data outside the EU or the EEA, ISU takes appropriate steps to ensure that there is a legal basis for such transfer and that your data is adequately protected in accordance with applicable law.
ISU applies appropriate measures to ensure the security of your personal data from internal and external threats. These measures include the following:
- The information in your user profile is password protected
- We follow best practices for web app security
- All payment data is only transferred trough secure connections
Despite the security measures applied by ISU, the risks connected to the use of online services cannot be completely ruled out and therefore no security measure can completely guarantee the safety of your data.
Please note that if you have registered as a user on ironsky.net, you are responsible for keeping your password secure. To protect your user profile, we ask you not to reveal your password to anyone under any circumstances.
Our website also contains links to other service providers’ websites. The cookies used on those other service providers’ websites are not included in this description.
You have the right at any time to prohibit ISU from using your personal data for contacting you in marketing or selling purposes. You may also exit any of our mailing lists you have subscribed to by following the instructions at the bottom of our messages.
You have the following rights in relation to your information based on GDPR and other laws, which you can exercise by sending an email to email@example.com:
- to request access to your information and information related to our use of your information
- to request us to send your marketing information by email
- to request the correction or deletion of your information
- to request that we restrict our use of your information
- to object to the processing of your information for certain purposes
- to withdraw your consent to our use of your information. In accordance with Article 77 of the GDPR, you also have the right to file a complaint with a supervisory authority.
Should you have any questions regarding your privacy or our policies at ISU or should you wish to exercise your rights under applicable data protection legislation, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. We will process your query as soon as possible.